Temperatures are on the rise and summer weather has made its debut here in California. At Carolyn Wilson Weddings & Events, we are loving the summer sunshine, breezy style, and airy themes accompanying this season’s stunning weddings. While the summertime season easy and breezy, summer wedding planning isn’t always the same way. This season will harbor a few wedding planning roadblocks if you’re not careful! To host a flawless summer soiree, keep our top tips in mind. These will ensure guests stay happy and cool, while the bride stays relaxed and stress-free:
- Provide plenty of water: keep water dispensers filled and ice-cold so guests can easily stay hydrated. If at a seated meal, ask servers rotate through the venue regularly refilling glasses. Be especially sure to refresh the water supply after dessert has been served, when guests are likely to get thirsty again!
- Choose light appetizers: keep your menu feeling summery and fresh by providing light appetizers (as opposed to heavy comfort foods). Caprese skewers, fruits, and cheeses are always good options to keep the menu feeling seasonal.
- Provide summery cocktails: Let guests sip on something sweet that tastes like summer. Look for refreshing combinations like cucumber and mint or fruity concoctions that are sweet and citrusy.
- Include fans: Keep a breeze going with fans if necessary. For an adorable alternative, provide outdoor wedding guests with programs that double as handheld fan. Or use your wedding monogram for a simple but cohesive touch.
- Plan for sunlight: Have you checked the outdoor lighting at your venue, at the right time of day? Make sure that gorgeous sunset you’re envisioning isn’t actually a bright light causing guests to squint through the whole ceremony. Work your wedding schedule around summer’s long days and bright sunshine.
- Pack a bridal emergency kit: Have your maid of honor carry a bridal emergency kit for any unexpected uh-ohs. In warm summer months, you’ll be grateful for that travel-sized deodorant or bottle of baby powder. If you don’t use it, no big deal… but you’ll be glad you have it if you find yourself in need!
- Have a seamless timeline: The best way to ensure success is a well-planned timeline for the whole day. Make sure you capture photos in summertime’s best sunlight, and avoid bright glares. Keep guests moving and entertained, so nobody is lingering and getting antsy in the warm weather. Considering the details beforehand will go a long way in relieving your stress and making the day enjoyable for guests.
Best of luck in your wedding planning process! Need help executing all the details? We hope you’ll consider planning your wedding with the best wedding coordinator California has to offer. Carolyn Wilson Weddings & Events is honored to be a part of your special day, whether in summertime or any other season!